ABOUT DIFFERENTIAL REPAIRS
- Approved by the leading OE Remanufactures’s.
- 48 Hour Turnaround Time on Differential Repairs.
- Full Drive train Assessment on Repairs.
- We can repair your gearbox for cheaper than you can buy the parts.
- We have separate specialised locations for repair and reman for Trucks, Cars, Bakkies and Automatic Transmissions.
The differential splits the power going to the wheels. A car’s wheels need to rotate at different speeds or distances with regularity, especially when turning. For example, when you turn left, the right wheel has to rotate a bit faster because it has a little bit farther to go than the left one. That’s why it’s called a “differential.” 2-wheel drive cars have this part in the front and 4-wheel drive cars have one on both ends.
Cars with high mileage are more likely to need differential repairs. Be on the lookout for these signs that yours might need work:
- A whistling noise on or near the axle. (Usually one of the first indicators of a problem.)
- A clunking sound near the axle when accelerating or coasting. (This will get worse over time.)
- A dragging feeling on the car when coasting.
Don’t ignore these signs and get your vehicle checked out. You will spare yourself a breakdown on the road and potentially more expensive repairs to the axle or transmission.